side of potato bread toast
1 cup of coffee
side of spaghetti
1 bottle of water
It’s been a while since I cooked something for myself and wrote out a recipe. I’ve been craving chicken parmigiana for a while, ever since I saw “Goodfellas” on TV a few weeks back, and thought it’d make a supper. I had this craving even though there is no chicken parmigiana in “Goodfellas” whatsoever.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Set up a breading station of the following in order: flour seasoned with salt and pepper, an egg wash of two eggs and a tablespoon of water beaten to a froth, and breadcrumbs seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and dried oregano.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat
4. Pound out a chicken breast to thin it out a little and season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken through the flour, shake off excess, dip in egg wash, then roll in bread crumbs. FYI, doing this with one hand is best, so the other hand stays clean to do other things (cook, change channels with remote control, jerk off, etc.). Also, your breading hand eventually gets coated with a thick, impervious layer of breadcrumbs that’s awesome for scaring/annoying girlfriends and/or kids. I can’t control my hand, THE HAND CONTROLS ME! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
5. Fry the chicken for three minutes a side. Leave the chicken in the pan and top with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. I accidentally bought finely shredded, so it looks like shit in the picture above. Fresh mozzarella’s the way to go, if you have a couple of extra dollars. I unfortunately, did not. Season again with a little salt and pepper
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. While chicken is baking, cook spaghetti.
7. Once everything’s done, plate spaghetti and top with chicken. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top.
Also, the frying pan might have some glops of mozzarella cheese that’s burnt to a crisp and stuck to the bottom. Don’t clean that stuff away. As disgusting as it looks, it makes for some mighty fine eating. It’s chips made out of melted mozzarella cheese. Someone should make an entire batch, bag it, sell it and contribute to this country’s obesity problem. I’d eat the shit out of those chips if someone made them.
1 bowl of Frosted Flakes